As a leading recruiting agency, Peoplelink knows there’s a great divide when it comes to today’s job market.
On the one hand, unemployment is high and there are plenty of skilled workers on the hunt for their next opportunity. On the other hand, employers are finding it harder than ever to fill certain positions.
The issue lies in the fact that there are certain jobs out there that require a unique skill set; so unique, in fact, that the average job seeker simply doesn’t fit the bill…and employers are having an increasingly difficult time finding the talent they need.
So what are the hardest to fill jobs in 2013?
According to Forbes.com, here’s a look:
- Data scientists – In today’s world, companies generate a massive amount of data. However, if you can’t manage and analyze that data, then it’s useless. That’s where data scientists come in. They build the technical infrastructure necessary to tap into data and gain meaningful insight from it.
- Mobile app developers – With the rise in use of smart phones and tablets, the demand for mobile app developers has exploded in recent years and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.
- Enterprise software salespeople – As software products have grown more complex, there’s been a lack of qualified salespeople who have a sophisticated understanding of these products. To complicate matters, general sales skills usually aren’t all it takes to perform well in this position; a strong technical background is a must.
- Cloud computing jobs – The demand for cloud-based skills is growing rapidly and there simply isn’t enough talent to fill it. But it’s not just cloud-related tech jobs employers need to fill; it’s also positions in marketing, sales, and analytics.
- Rails developers – The success of Ruby on Rails has been driven in large part by the speed at which developers can build applications on it. So while web developers in general are in demand, Ruby on Rails developers are most wanted.
Having a Hard Time Finding the Talent You Need in 2013?
Let Peoplelink know. As a leading recruiting agency, we’ve successfully placed more than 150,000 professionals in temporary and full-time positions over the past 20 years. And we can help you find your next great hire. Contact us today to learn more.