Looking for a new job in 2014? Here’s an overview of some of the country’s top growing career fields:
(Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
It’s no surprise that technology is one of the hottest fields to be in these days. Companies and individuals alike are always looking for the next big technology gadget and breakthrough. This thirst for the newest, best and most advanced won’t be going away anytime soon, ensuring this career field will continue to grow in the years to come. A few of today’s top job titles in technology include:
- Nearly 140,000 new positions created before 2022.
Computer System Analyst:
- A 24.5% employment growth for this job by 2022.
- A growth rate of about 20% by 2022.
- 50,900 new positions by the year 2022.
With an aging population, jobs related to the healthcare industry are projected to be among the fastest growing in the country. Millions of people in the U.S. currently work in some facet of health care, and the nonprofit Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies projects an overall 31% jump in healthcare jobs over the next 10 years. A few of the hottest job titles include:
- A 19.4% employment growth in this field is expected between 2012 and 2022.
- Projections for job growth are 33,300 new jobs through 2022 with a 1.2% unemployment rate.
- 123,300 new job openings for physicians from 2012 to 2022.
- The profession is expected to grow 14.5% by 2022.
- A 12% employment jump between 2012 and 2022.
Not every job in engineering is growing rapidly. However, there are a few bright spots in the field that are increasing at a pace that’s much faster than average. They include:
- A 27% jump in employment between 2012 and 2022.
- A 26% employment jump between 2012 and 2022.
- By 2022, there should be 53,700 new openings for civil engineers.
They may not be the most glamorous jobs in the world. But between a lack of skilled tradespeople and new building codes and standards for efficiency, the demand for the following types of professionals is exploding:
Medical Equipment Repairer
- A 30% jump in employment between 2012 and 2022.
- The profession is expected to grow 20% by 2022.
- A 21% employment jump between 2012 and 2022.
If you’re looking for a job in one of these fields – or another one not listed – look no further. Call Peoplelink. As a leading staffing agency, we work with top employers all over the country – and we can give you access to rewarding job opportunities that are a fit for your goals and interests.